A few weeks ago, lovely Kristen from Portland’s Minoux Jewelry emailed me to invite me to participate in her blogger style circle and after checking out the new spring collection I was totally on board. I was thrilled when my first choice (I gave her five), the large Pyramid necklace in sterling silver, arrived in the mail. It’s beautiful, versatile and sweet. Visit Christine at My Style Pill today to see how she styles her Minoux necklace–we’re kicking off the style circle that lasts all week. Read the schedule of lovely bloggers below!
I used my own vintage clothing and accessories because, well, that’s what I had. I concentrated on the top part of the outfit because if I’m not wearing a dress, I’m usually wearing classic navy, black or olive cords, black cropped matchsticks or a neutral colored silk pleated skirt. You know–like fancy grown-up Garanimals… not super exciting. I’ve never done one of these style circle things, so I hope you like it (and I hope I did it right…)! Click the images to enlarge.
To me, this very modern, very “now” pyramid shape works nicely with vintage because of the prevalence of Egyptian motifs during the 1920’s revival that influenced the Art Deco movement. I’ve combined the pyramid with some other influences that I think work well with Egyptian design–Aztec, Inca and geometric shapes that have been made softer with the choice of textile.
1. Large Pyramid necklace with a vintage embroidered silk blouse I got at Golden Rule, pretty Vince Camuto patent and metallic heels, an amazing patent leather purse from Smut, my vintage malachite and sterling Aztec earrings and the pyramid stacked garnet and silver ring my grandmother (Honey Kennedy) gave me. ♥
2. Close-up of the Pyramid Necklace.
3. Minoux Pyramid necklace, Celtic crystal necklace, same pink blouse, Cole Rood Haan Gin Mule oxfords, J. Crew Femme cashmere cardigan sweater (LOVE this style!), vintage box carpet bag from… Etsy?, lucite bangles from “Bitten” by Sarah Jessica Parker for Steve & Barry’s (random, right??), vintage Peru souvenir badge (OK, really this is my nod to Inca design) and a vintage 1921 Red Cross badge.
4. & 5. Minoux Jewelry Large Pyramid Necklace with silk J.Crew blouse from a couple years ago, Cole Rood Haan Gin Mill oxfords, AMAZING vintage snakeskin bag from Ray’s Ragtime, sterling silver ball earrings from Tiffany, vintage ring and bracelet that I have had since junior high and have no idea where they came from, navy patent leather headband from Anthropologie a few years ago and Jo Malone Lotus Blossom & Water Lily cologne from Nordstrom.
6. A striped scoopneck tee works with almost everything! Minoux Jewelry Large Pyramid Necklace with GAP striped scoop tee from a few years ago, J. Crew Femme cashmere cardigan sweater, Cole Rood Haan Gin Mill oxfords, navy scalloped leather purse–a lovely prize from Tamera, sterling silver ball earrings from Tiffany, vintage bakelite bangles that I thrifted 700 years ago, vintage Peru souvenir badge and Jane Tran polka dot bobby pin from Anthropologie a few years back and Big Apple Red nail polish from O.P.I.. I also styled this outfit with my Jack Purcells–very cute.
Thanks for joining me in my first style circle post!
All images by me, Jen McCabe (find me on Flickr!)