Sneak Peek: Colenimo A/W 2011

Thanks so much to Aya for letting me post this exclusive sneak peek of her new Colenimo collection! I’m thrilled to share it with you so early!

Here we go… another beautiful collection from Colenimo! Once again designer Aya Nakagawa has outdone herself and Colenimo A/W 2011 is absolutely stunning. The collection, “Aviatrix”, is inspired by the female pilots of the early 20th Century. At once elegant and utilitarian, Aviatrix incorporates British Millerain waxed cotton and pure silk, Shetland wool, cashmere, Melton and French sheepskin.

I think my favorite pieces are the Bendix Waxed Coat, the Foulard Collar Silk Dress, Striped Button Down Cleric Shirt, Batten Wool Trousers, Striped Herringbone Shorts, the Melton Wool Flight Jacket, the Wool Circular Skirt and the Amelia Jumper. Ha! I’d intended to only list a couple of garments, but there I’ve gone and nearly included the whole lot. A testament to Colenimo’s wearability and strength of the pieces to stand alone! Every piece could be a fantastic wardrobe staple.

I’d like to nab those shoes used in the styling and the pretty navy blue hat that Aya included in the collection is called the “Beryl Felt Hat”. Colenimo always has the sweetest hats!

More Colenimo posts you might like to visit: The Colenimo Polaroids, Colenimo SS2011, Colenimo AW2010.

UPDATE: To purchase Colenimo garments, check this list of stockists. Also, while there aren’t currently any North American retailers, there are plans for a Colenimo online shop set for August and the designer is looking into more stockists. You might be able to order and ship from one of the current online boutiques who carry Colenimo, too!

Here is a peek at Colenimo A/W 2011:

Images courtesy of Colenimo (Photography by Jenny&Lee)

Credits:
Photographer: Jenny&Lee
Makeup Artist: Natsumi Watanabe
Hair Stylist: Maki Tanaka

Comments
9 Responses to “Sneak Peek: Colenimo A/W 2011”
  1. Ana Montiel says:

Oh my… I want them all! Just my cup of tea! ;D
    x

2. Caitlin Rose says:

I think she’s one of my favourite designers. but do you know if there’s a way to buy things from her in North America. I checked two boutiques when I was in London for her stuff, but most of it was sold out. Her stuff is just the perfect combination of vintage and new, and feminine and masculine. I love her stuff.

• Jen McCabe says:

Oh! Caitlin Rose, I forgot to ask her last time we spoke. I have a message out to her now and will let you know as soon as I hear back! Her work is perfectly balanced–I agree.

3. tamerajane says:

I’m so into these 30s style collections lately. FINALLY!!!! bring it on!

Gorgeous post and gorgeous fashion-journalism-scooping, as usual. You stand out in a sea of regurgitators!

4. Jen McCabe says:

Thank you, Tamera! I appreciate that. I’ve been hit by regurgitators a lot lately who visit my blog, repost my content and never credit me–it’s insane! And sad.

Caitlin Rose–OK. I talked to my friend Aya and she said that she hopes to have an online shop open by August and is looking into North American retailers. I’ll keep you posted! I know it is a while to wait, but good news at any rate!

5. This is stunning…..so powerful and subtly sexy. Hurrah to you, Colenimo and naming a fashion piece the Amelia Jumper. I am a huge fan of your blog and have chosen you as one of my picks for the Versatile Blogger Award! If you’d like to check it out, I’ve included a link to my post below……winners are asked to post seven fast facts about themselves and choose seven equally deserving winners. Congrats, darling!

6. betsy says:

oh geez, oh geez, oh GEEZ!! I am blown away by this collection and your post. I am particularly taken away (like in a swoon boat) by the pieces involving V-type suspenders. death to me. on the floor. but a good, love, death.

7. Jen McCabe says:

Ashley–Thank you so much!! That is so sweet. xo

Betsy–I know!! So amazing.

Trackbacks
Check out what others are saying...
  1. Aviatrix | says:

[…] wolfeyebrows I know I’m overdoing it on the fashion-related posts this week. But when I saw this post on the lovely blog Honey Kennedy, I couldn’t resist […]