Earl Grey Chocolate Cake

Eeeeep! Did you see this amazing Earl Grey Chocolate Cake recipe that Tracy from Shutterbean posted? YUM. I’m not usually wild about chocolate cake, but if you’re adding Earl Grey–gimme that, now! If it isn’t obvious from my Instagram feed, tea posts or hot chocolate roundup–I am an Earl Grey tea zealot. This looks AMAZING!

Images courtesy of Shutterbean

Comments
18 Responses to “Earl Grey Chocolate Cake”
  1. I clicked through to Shutterbean, what a gorgeous site! Seriously, I’m not always impressed by chocolate cake either – it’s usually way too rich and heavy or dry and oversweet – but this looks perfect. I love the sound of the floral tea with the dark chocolate flavour.

2. tracy says:

awwww! thanks for the chocolate cake love. xoxoxxo

3. Teresa says:

Ooooooh! I’ve made Earl Grey cupcakes but never thought to combine it with chocolate. Genius!

4. Kori says:

Oh, my! This will be the next dessert I bake. I love anything chocolate and have been on an earl grey tea kick for a few weeks. Delicious! Thanks for sharing!

5. Margherita says:

This looks really unbelievable! Can’t wait to try it…
    Thanks for sharing
    Love&Light
    Margherita

6. anne louise says:

tea is a highly underrated cooking ingredient, methinks.

if a baking recipe calls for water i usually replace it with tea for a little more flavour. okay, it’s not often that recipes call for water, admittedly – more likely butter or oil and milk or something – but you get the idea. i have also soaked dried fruits in tea instead of water when baking, always earl grey, my absolute favourite black tea.

and chocolate! really. enough said.

7. a.d. says:

you had me at earl grey!

i’m absolutely going to implement this cake into my life! <3

8. Jennifer says:

I made this today and it had an interesting flavor but was a bit dry. I might increase the yogurt or tea amounts.

9. Anna says:

This looks amazing! I have a huge bag of Koni Creme Earl Grey sitting in my cupboard… I’d have to figure out the loose to bag ratio, but it shouldn’t be too hard. Yum, yum, yum…

Oh! If you’re looking for more tea recipes, Phuong Le has quite a few at on her blog, theteachick.com. Her Aphrodisiac Chai Chocolate Cake is to die for.

10. domain says:

Hello, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your blog in Opera, it looks fine but when opening in Internet
    Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just wanted to
    give you a quick heads up! Other then that, great blog!