Let’s Eat Cake!

Well, I’ve gone from hot chocolate obsessed to cake obsessed. I thought it would be fun to round up a few of the cakes I’ve been drooling over lately. I haven’t baked a cake in a long time–which is strange because I always find the whole process very relaxing. It always feels rewarding to top off your creation with frosting, fruit or powdered sugar. I used to make cake for other people often–I’d like to make time for that again. There are so many lovely recipes to try! Do you have any favorites?

♡ ➔ rosewater glitter cake

♡ ➔ persian love cake w/ candied rose petals

♡ ➔ chocolate w/ salted caramel frosting

♡ ➔ earl grey roll cake

♡ ➔ frances’ lumberjack cake

♡ ➔ pistachio olive oil cake with fig compote filling and cream cheese frosting

♡ ➔ red velvet cake w/ fluffy white frosting

♡ ➔ mini layer cakes

♡ ➔ lemon & lavender chiffon cake w/ honey lavender cream

♡ ➔ basil pear cake

♡ ➔ chocolate guinness cake

♡ ➔ vanilla cake w/ whipped vanilla bean frosting

♡ ➔ little chocolate cakes w/ whiskey cream

♡ ➔ waldorf astoria $400 red velvet cake

♡ ➔ chocolate blackberry cake

♡ ➔ caramelized banana loaf cake

♡ ➔ carrot tea cake w/ cream cheese frosting

♡ ➔ earl grey chocolate cake

♡ ➔ banana cake w/ nutella & cream cheese frosting

♡ ➔ perfect party cake

♡ ➔ creme egg cake

♡ ➔ dark chocolate chiffon w/ rosewater frosting

♡ ➔ golden syrup cake w/ buttermilk frosting

♡ ➔ yellow layer w/ choco sour cream frosting

♡ ➔ kumquat almond cake (gluten free)

♡ ➔ big berry birthday cake

♡ ➔ lemon cake w/ black tea frosting

♡ ➔ indian cardamom mava cakes

♡ ➔ the collector’s cake

♡ ➔ russian grandmother’s apple pie cake

♡ ➔ pink rainbow cake

♡ ➔ marble butter cake

Image credits: 1. Kimberly Taylor 2. Always With Butter 3. Joy the Baker 4. Call Me Cupcake 5. Sweetapolita 6. Always With Butter 7. Turntable Kitchen 8. Honey and Jam 9. cAlways With Butter 10. Sweetapolita 11. Always With Butter 12. Pick Yin 13. Honey and Jam 14. Call Me Cupcake 15. Pick Yin 16. Joy the Baker

Comments
33 Responses to “Let’s Eat Cake!”
  1. Meredith says:

Oh. My. You are killing me with these cakes Jen! Each one looks delicious!

2. Megan says:

The persian love cake was my (our) wedding cake! My mom made it for us, along with a table of other desserts. It’s really lovely and delicious!

3. ronitphoto says:

This is my kind of post! Last month, I made a devil’s food cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting (recipe courtesy of Richard Olney). I was planning on making a coconut cake soon, but that vanilla cake sounds yummy too. I love cake!!!

4. Holly says:

These all look so delicious. That first image with the earl grey roll cake has so much cream in it’s making me feel full!
    I enjoy baking so much

Holly

5. Chila says:

Fatty me, I want to eat each one of the cakes!!!!!!!!

6. Every now and then I enjoy making a ridiculously huge layer cake and this post has given me SO much inspiration! CAKE! I want it all. Also, yay for the Always With Butter blog using golden syrup in a cake, it’s one of my very favourite ingredients.

7. miss alix says:

i want all the cakes. hmm. i might have to make a ton of these.

8. Hai Yen says:

I made the Persian love cake in a cupcake version as Valentine’s Day treats. They were a hit! And the candied rose petals are so easy but look deceptively fancy.

9. Jade Sheldon says:

I’m pretty sure that this is the greatest blog post that has ever been written. Thank you for bringing all of this sugary goodness into my life…

10. Teresa says:

Oh wow! I’m going to be eating cake for at least a year with all of these recipes!

Love the sound of the chocolate earl grey and the creme egg cake… well that’s just too perfect to resist!

11. ash says:

well, there goes my diet. i wanna try every single one of these, and i really don’t care what happens to my bmi in the process.

12. April says:

I. am. totally. DROOLING!

13. Alyson Clair says:

Well I’m non-discriminatory in the cake department so they all look delicious! I can’t cook to save my life though.

14. Kacie says:

That lemon cake with black tea frosting looks fantastic! As soon as I have a chance I’m going to make it!

Kacie

15. katie says:

What a fab collection of cakes. Thank you!!

16. oh, JEN! what have you gone and done?! this, this here is just amazing!!!

17. Margherita says:

What a fabulous collection of cakes! I want to make them all!!!!

18. april says:

you’re a mean lady, jen. posting all these cakes when i’m so hungry.