My Favorite Perfume

I thought it would be nice to do a few posts about things that I own and love. I’ll start it off with perfume–that’s right, I have six signature scents. Ha! Well, kind of… I actually own quite a few more perfumes and essential oils (cuckoo), but these are the ones I’ve been coming back to for years. It really just depends on my mood!

NAVEGAR by L’Artisan. I originally bought this one at the L’Artisan shop in Paris on my honeymoon in 2006. It has juniper, pepper, bergamot and woods… I feel like hot stuff when I wear it. Ha! I really do. I recently found out that this pretty scent is being discontinued. If you like it–snap it up!

SEL MARIN by Heeley. I wear Sel Marin nearly every day–it hits most of my aquatic signature note combinations–dry woods and citrus. I love it so much! I recommend this if you love watery smells and a bit of sunshiny lemon and bergamot. Perfect.

LIGHTNING PAW by OLO. This is a lovely Portland brand and I have to admit that I have spent a lot of time around town huffing these amazing oils. I love this one because it is flowery without being granny–I love jasmine for this reason. I have some non-granny rose scents–I’m VERY picky about florals. Neither my husband nor any boyfriends have ever liked any of my rose scents, but jasmine doesn’t seem to bother as many people in general. (I still wear my rose sometimes!)

VANIGLIA, BOURBON & MANDARINO by Antica Farmacista. This is a sweeter scent than the rest and I don’t wear it as often as some of the others, but when I do I’m so in love with it. I got this before my wedding as my “wedding scent”–hahaa… I wanted to have something sweet and pretty as a scent to remind me of the day. It’s a cozy, alluring fragrance that I especially adore in the wintertime.

ANGELIQUES SOUS LA PLUIE by Frederic Malle. This beauty is super sexy on both women and men. It’s one of those ones that finds you smelling your own wrists all night. I first got it at Barneys in Chicago and spritzed some on in the cab to The Violet Hour for cocktails with a friend after shopping. The bartender ended up asking me what the hell I was wearing and I gave him the sample I’d been given. He wanted to wear it for the girl he fancied and planned to get her a bottle. So crazy–making is this angelica in the rain!

FILLE EN AIGUILLES by Serge Lutens. I’ve written about this heady lovely a few times. Pine needles, vetiver, sugar sap, fir balsam, candied fruit… can’t you see John William Waterhouse nymphs dancing in the forest? Yeah, it’s just like that. Absolutely STUNNING. I love a few by Serge Lutens.

Images courtesy of respective shops. Design by me.

Comments
17 Responses to “My Favorite Perfume”
  1. joy says:

Just when I am looking for new perfumes too!

2. Tara says:

Nice list! I need some new perfume. I should email you with particular scents I love and see if you have other suggestions. You always smell delightful!

3. I love Navegar and Fille en Aiguilles, too. My all-time favorite is probably L’Artisan Dzing!, which is supposed to smell like the circus, ha! It’s leathery and sweet.

4. jenny says:

i love this post. i am pretty crazy about perfumes.. i’d love to read more about the other scents you use!

5. Amy says:

I am in desperate need of some new perfume. It’s so hard to just read descriptions of different scents – I want to smell them all!
    Any particular shops around Portland you like for perfume shopping?

6. TieDye64 says:

I’m so loving this post. I’m in need of some new scents and these look so intriguing. Angeliques Sous la Pluie and Sel Marin sound wonderful.

BTW I ordered that Archipelago Cafe Noir wooden flame candle months ago. I absolutely ADORE it! The scent and the crackling flame are so perfect on cold winter nights. I would never have heard of it if I wasn’t following your blog. Thanks!

• Jen McCabe says:

YAY! I love that freaking candle. I am working on a candle post actually! If you live near a Barneys–go smell the Angeliques! If you’re in NY–AEDES has Sel Marin, too.

7. Sasha says:

oh YUM. i want them all.

8. Chuck says:

I have a mini Navegar that is running out. Sad. Also really like their Tea for Two – smokey, tea-y, good! Would love to try Olo at some point. They sound delicious but I don’t have the cash at the moment and I’m not sure if they ship internationally…

Enjoyed this post a lot – more on perfume, please! x

• Jen McCabe says:

I think Summerland ships internationally and she sells OLO. Tea for Two is another one I almost picked up once! I hope you can find some Navegar before it is all gone. I freaked out and got a big bottle.