Let There Be Juice!

I’ve been wanting to get a new juicer for quite a while. The one I currently have was a cheap design that a friend gave me nearly ten years ago. I really hem and haw about investing in appliances because I’m nervous about making the wrong choice, getting duped and wasting a lot of money! It’s a little daunting.

A few people have recommended the Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite (#1) and it is also the most aesthetically pleasing (I can’t help it! I want it to look nice, too!). It is also the most expensive. I’m leaning towards that model, but thought it would be good to see if anyone has any recommendations based on experience? I’d REALLY love to hear your input!

THE CONTENDERS SO FAR:
#1 Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite
#2 Breville BJE200XL Compact
#3 DeLonghi DJE950 Die-cast
#4 Breville BJE510XL Ikon

Comments
14 Responses to “Let There Be Juice!”
  1. Margherita says:

I have the Breville BJE510XL: it’s the best thing in the world. You should absolutely get that one. Money well invested!

2. Megan says:

I have the Breville Elite and it is well worth it! Especially if you’ve had a juicer for 10 years and have been using it, you’ll definitely get your moneys worth with this new one!

3. Emily says:

Jen! I work at a kitchen store in town and I sell a ton of juicers. If I were you, I’d check out the Omega juicers. I love the Omega Nutrition Center (J8004) and the Omega Vert (VRT350). They aren’t as sexy as the Brevilles, but they have a 15 and 10 year warranty respectively, whereas the Breville has a 1 year. Plus, I just think the Omegas are just better.

4. beth says:

i have an older model of the Breville Juice Fountain and love it. it’s amazing!

5. i have this one: http://www.amazon.com/Green-Star-GS-1000-Juice-Extractor/dp/B0000ZP3MA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339087356&sr=8-1 UGLY as all get out but gets the job done. if my husband hadn’t been the one to buy it we’d have gotten a breville elite.so much much easier on the eyes.

6. Eunice says:

I think you have to go with the one that works the best AND looks the best ;) ;)
    Plus, it’s 299.95 right now instead of 399.99 on amazon?
    But I always justify my buys, so maybe you shouldn’t listen to me :D

7. kai says:

I have number 4. It is the only juicer I have ever had so I can not compare it to anything else. I love it, though I have a few issues that I hope the Breville company will solve at some point.

1. It takes up a lot of counter space. I live in a flat, so this might not be an issue for you if you live in a larger space with larger counter space.

2.the strainer is really hard to clean. It comes with a brush to clean it but cleaning out the strainer is my least favorite part. I am not sure if this is typical of all juicers but cleaning the strainer takes the most time.

3. There are way too many parts to clean.

Other than those issues which might just be my own I love this juicer. I purchased it new on Amazon it was several hundred dollars cheaper than what it retailed for elsewhere.

I can not wait to see what you decided to get and what concoctions you come up with.

• ally says:

I just spent a lot of time looking at juicers also.

I finally decided on the Omega 8006. Its a lot different looking than the breville models, kind of looks like a toaster. Its a slow masticating juicer, it doesnt work at high speeds like these other juicers. Some people believe high speeds heat up veggies too much and it kills the enzymes, so this omega one is perfect.

When you turn it on, it moves really slow. The spiral arm inside crunches down on the veggies(like a rabbit eating carrots is what it sounds like), and then is pushed through a screen an the pulp goes out the front. It has worked really well for me so far, and it does other things too like wheatgrass, and nut butters. This juicer is really good for leafy greens, unlike a lot of other juicers which cause the motor to burn out.

It also comes with a 15 year warranty, so you cant go wrong with that right?

Its $299 at amazon, and I got it for a little less at macys on sale. :)

8. Natalie says:

My boyfriend is a juicing MANIAC. I actually broke his last one by accident although I don’t know how – I was just trying to be nice by cleaning it out! That one was a Juiceman and it was alright.

Now he has an Omega J8006 and he likes it very much – it’s a lot easier to clean than the old one, too. And very powerful! It can juice leafy greens, make noodles, and almond butter & such, although we’ve only made juice with it. It says it can also juice wheatgrass but I don’t think he’s had much luck with that.

9. sarah says:

I’d get a Champion Juicer! http://www.amazon.com/Champion-Commercial-Juicer-G5-PG-710-MAR-48C/dp/B000E4C53M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339125520&sr=8-1
    It has the option for “blanks” so you can make “ice cream” out of frozen fruits. It’s really one of those no frills old hippie machines. Works for YEARS, but doesn’t look fancy.

10. Heather says:

I’d second the Champion. my mom picked one of these up at a garage sale a decade ago, it’s delicious magic. easy to clean. powers through anything. & it has the added bonus of looking like a vintage motor on your counter. it’s curious machine, every time I visit I find myself looking at it.

11. Chelsea says:

I have wanted a Breville for awhile, they have great reviews. We had a Champion Professional Juicer when I was growing up and they are great machines and have professional motors so they can handle alot. I like the look of the 800JEXL, I think its important for it to be nice looking if you if you plan on using it alot and having it on your counter. I have a thrifted Juiceman and I never use it because I keep the ugly thing tucked away in the cabinet.

12. Jade Sheldon says:

I’ve really wanted to invest in a juicer too! Thanks for the suggestion! Seems like a lot of people are behind the Breville Elite!

13. chelsea says:

The cheaper Breville juicers are not worth it…I bought #2, and it is not as efficient as other juicers. I feel guilty juicing 4 apples for 1 glass of juice.