Black Cat

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! I thought these photographs from the black cat casting call for Tales of Terror (1962) were pretty amazing. What a fantastic scene this was!! Also, I adore Peter Lorre and Vincent Price–they are quintessential classic spooksters.

I love Halloween and had A LOT of fun posts planned for this week, but, as some of you know, I’m in New York just trying to get through the hurricane and its aftermath. It’s been pretty scary and exhausting, but I’m feeling really lucky considering the state of the city and surrounding areas. Thanks so much for the moral support on Facebook and Twitter. I was alone through the entire storm and it really has helped. xx

I hope you and your loved ones are all safe and well. Please consider donating to the Red Cross relief efforts–it really is as bad or worse than it looks on TV. So many people’s lives have been turned upside down and they need the help.

Photos courtesy of Life Magazine. Photography by Ralph Crane.

Comments
8 Responses to “Black Cat”
  1. Meredith says:

I am so sorry you had to go through this terrible storm alone. I will be thinking of you and your safety during this scary time!

2. amy says:

so so sorry you were stuck out there during this. i read the “ny scanner” tweets you posted and was just horrified at what’s going on :(

i hope you get home safe soon and will be thinking of you and others who are stranded.

3. Marieta says:

Sorry but I don´t like black cats… but the pictures are very nice!!! kissessss

4. Jill says:

Glad you’re safe and sound! Hopefully this part of your trip is a bit more relaxing than the last couple of days.

Also, I just have to say – this post is awesome. These pictures are awesome. The people (and cats!) in these pictures are awesome. I love it.

Happy Halloween!

5. Totally awesomesauce pics!! So sorry you had to be alone through that horrible storm…it’s super nice though that you had the support of all your online friends. :) Happy Halloween!

6. Jade Sheldon says:

I’m just so glad you’re ok! I can’t believe what this storm has done. It’s just so scary to think what nature can do…

7. maddie says:

Happy Halloween to you. I really really love the photos. I wish ladies dressed like that every day, minus walking cats (but that’s rather hilarious).

I glad that you made it through the storm safely. I live in Philadelphia so I weathered the storm with you. Alone too. Although I suffered very little damage, my heart goes out to the others who are still suffering!

8. Angela says:

So glad you are home safe and I hope NY is on it’s way to recovery.

PS: I love these photos!