Happy Birthday, Honey Kennedy!

honey-kennedy-jen-mccabe-family-estate

Here is my grandmother, Ellen Jacquelyn “Honey” Kennedy McCabe, as a little girl in New York with my great-grandmother, Ellen Cooper Kennedy, posing with a family friend at their new home in the 1930s. My great-grandfather, James Francis Kennedy, is taking the picture.

Today is her birthday! I wish she was still here so we could celebrate properly. I hope she’s up there somewhere having a little too much Champagne or “punch”, doing the Charleston and having a ball. Happy Birthday, Grammy. I love you and miss you so much. XOXO

P.S. Big hugs to everyone who misses their grandmothers too. ♥

Comments
11 Responses to “Happy Birthday, Honey Kennedy!”
  1. Happy birthday to your grandma! This is a sweet remembrance, and I love that photo.

2. pearlione says:

miss my nana every day. she’d be drinking genny cream ale, bass fishing & cooking the best damn italian food i’ve every eaten. happy birthday honey!

3. Suzanne says:

That photo is just priceless and your memories of your grandma will be with you forever. I miss both my grandmas so much. One was an Oregon farmer’s wife and the other come over from England as a war bride. Loved them both dearly and still do. Happy birthday to your grandma Honey Kennedy today. :)

4. jen says:

What a cute family! I love looking at old family photos too. No one else in my family is interested so I’ve begun to hoard the old albums myself.

5. Jade Sheldon says:

Oh, this photograph is such a treasure. Happy birthday Honey!

6. I miss my grandma Zelda every day. What a glorious photo this is. Happy birthday, Honey Kennedy!

7. Megan Marie says:

What a lovely post! Happy birthday to your grandmother. I miss my grandmother every day. <3

8. Andrea says:

Thanks for this post…
    My Grandmother isn’t dead but she is gone…{Alzheimer’s} I miss her everyday.
    I love the image you’ve given me of your Grammy “doing the Charleston on a cloud”…
    xo

9. I had no idea of your blog’s namesake! How lovely. Happy birthdya to her. :)

10. sheila says:

i already thought your grandma was smashing but to know that she also liked “punch” makes her even more sparkly in my books.

11. Lynn says:

Happy Birthday Grandma Honey! I love how your blog is named after her and that picture is fabulous!