Hello! Here are some VSCO cam iPhone snaps of my life and home lately here in Portland. If you follow me on Instagram and Facebook, you may have seen some of these! Birthday cake, beautiful flowers, a golden cloud, iced coffee, Zelda snoozing, Zelda not helping me change the sheets on the guest bed, summer veggies, dreamy French soap, crystal gawking, totes corner, fancy honey, a memorable Cali sundae, more iced coffee, leftover birthday cake…
➔ SOME THINGS YOU MAY HAVE MISSED…
✚ Carole Lombard brings the balloons + LOTS OF LOVELY LINKS!
✚ Jane Birkin bringing the balloons to the party + links!
✚ A very dreamy lookbook shot in a gorgeous location.
✚ How to follow all your favorite blogs in a snap!
✚ A stunning new lookbook with pretty dresses and a conservation celebration!
✚ A sweet new lookbook with lovely clothing, roses and a topknot.
✚ My cozy little bedroom, long weekend plans, links and thanks!
➔ A SWEET DEAL
✚ Get 15% off of at ALIMA PURE with special promo code: ALIMAHONEY15 now thru 7/8/13.
✚ Get 30% off at GIANT DWARF with special promo code: HONEYKENNEDY now thru 7/8/13.
✚ BEAUTIFUL bags 25% off everything at RIB & HULL now through 7/5/13.
All photos by Jen McCabe.
Aren’t these roses beautiful? I bought them last night after finally seeing Hugo (love it! fantastique!) with the Mr. It’s amazing how much of a mood lifter it always is to have pretty pink flowers greet you in every room. I still feel a bit raw from earlier this week and I’m looking forward to a fresh outlook and sprucing up the nest this weekend–fluffing pillows, hanging artwork and making things dazzle a little more. Oh! A few days ago I sent my guest post to Diana–please keep an eye on her blog next week! Have a lovely weekend and thanks for hanging out with me. xo
➔ SOME WONDERFUL LINKS
✚ A beautiful rosy scarf.
✚ I want to paint my bedroom this color.
✚ This sweet post makes my Irish eyes happy. I wish my grandfather was still here–he’d be absolutely thrilled!
✚ Enter this LOVELY VINTAGE GIVEAWAY!
✚ I’m thinking of just staying in bed all weekend to re-watch all these movies.
✚ Ummm… HELLO, cognac mustard!
✚ A VERY BEAUTIFUL TOP!
✚ Adorable dress for a wee one.
✚ I love this pretty cuff.
✚ These three girls are SO TALENTED! This post made me happy.
✚ Beautiful artwork from Ana.
✚ I LOVE THESE EARRINGS!
✚ I’m so happy Grace spoke her mind in the comments. I completely agree.
✚ Such a cute sailor dress!
✚ Stunning little necklace.
➔ I HEART PDX
✚ Help the animals! Today is the rad First Friday event at Sword + Fern with Amy Sacks Eyewear from 6–9pm. See Emily’s cool new designs for eyeglass chains. Proceeds go to benefit The Pixie Project and their mission to rescue animals. 811 E. Burnside #114, Portland
✚ Stars Antiques is having their big Stars On Sale event starting today, March 2, and running through Monday, March 5. They have great discounts on awesome vintage during their sales events!! Stop by! They plan this event to coincide with the big Palmer/Wirfs antiques expo so people can live the vintage dream for an extended weekend. 7027 SE Milwaukie Avenue in beautiful Portland!
Image by me, Jen McCabe! Find me on Instagram: honeykennedy
Here is what’s been going on around here lately. I’ve been so distracted by trying to get ready to go on my trip at the end of the week–I haven’t been taking many photos. I’ll be taking a lot of photos in New York though–I’m always bombarded by inspiration when I visit. Are you on Instagram? I’m there as honeykennedy–if you want to see what I’m up to on my trip or you can follow my stream online or see the tweets on Twitter!
I finally got around to making the lavender hot chocolate from my The GOOD Hot Chocolate roundup post. Actually, I combined a couple of the recipes and made lavender/Earl Grey hot chocolate. It was heavenly! I highly recommend it!
YUM. I also subbed in a 1/4 cup of cream in place 1/4 cup of milk. It was soupy and rich! I’m sure this recipe would be great with coconut milk or almond milk, too. And… yes, I own one of those cafe whipped cream canisters. It has really been fun to have around the house!
I stopped by Ink & Peat and that Bella soap smells like sunshine!
And then THIS happened. Really good. I’m not wild about Nutella and this is great! It isn’t as sweet or oily tasting like I find Nutella to be. I’m guessing this is better for you, too. Maybe?
I picked up some coffee at Heart Coffee Roasters for some of my friends in NY. I love their coffee AND the people who work there are super helpful, too!
Images by me, Jen McCabe. Honey Kennedy on Instagram.
Here are some photos of what has been going on around here. I really haven’t been doing enough picture taking. I think I’ve just been working too much! If you’re on Instagram come say “hi”! Or follow my Instagram feed online or see ‘em as I tweet ‘em on Twitter.
Now, on with the snapshots…
1) These roses are so pretty. I got them at lovely Ink & Peat. The moon photograph is from Chad’s shop, Mon Petit Fantome. The candle is one I’ve been hoarding for 6 or 7 years–’Sultana’ by Fresh. Sadly, they don’t make it anymore.
2) Eeeep! I was so excited to receive these vintage arrow bobby pins from Angeliska. She saw my star on my vanity and was very sweet to send these my way. She even added some pretty glitter. I’m kind of a fool for arrows and stars.
3) Some things cluttering up my vanity. Stuff: Cedar Rose Argan Oil Hair Tonic by OLO (LOVE), Big Apple Red nail polish from OPI (great bright red!), Whipped Shea Butter with Olive Leaf by Evan Healy (miracle cream!), my vintage sterling airplane brooch and polka dot bobby pins from Jane Tran. Perfume: Angeliques Sous La Pluie by Frederic Malle, Tainted Love by Tokyo Milk, Fille en Aiguilles by Serge Lutens, Rumpledcake by Twigscent and Lotus Blossom & Water Lily by Jo Malone.
4) My good friends opened up a fantastic new Portland food cart. Stop by Chilango! There are a lot of veggie and vegan options if you don’t eat meat. The PDX cart is located on 4th & Hall downtown by PSU. They’re the sweetest people!!
5) I’m sure you didn’t need to see yet another one of my photos of my Rosewater Pistachio Mini Cake obsession, but… I’m still in love with this vegan AND gluten free amazing cake. Sorry. If you’re in Portland you can see what I mean at Back to Eden on Alberta.
6) A little shout out to striped paper straws. I got ours at Kikkerland, but you can find them all over.
7) Between our farm share and my friends giving us about 15 pounds of tomatoes–we’re kind of drowning in them. I’ve been slow-roasting them with herbs and olive oil in batches and freezing them to use this winter. SO YUMMY.
8) Sometimes I wake up feeling like someone is staring at me. Usually, it looks something like this. Unnerving, right?
Photos by me, Jen McCabe. Find me on Instagram!