The selection at Table of Contents is always fantastic and I feel like it’s especially so right now. I love all the Acne pieces–that Jules Light Mix Trench in ecru is stunning. As always, the beautiful bags from Portland designer, Sara Barner, kill me–that black weekender below is just gorgeous. They recently got in the new canvas bags with leather trim and tassels from Building Block and they’ve built up such good Comme des Garçons picks (sneakers!). Also, their housewares and objects are AMAZING–I love the TOC Studio bookstands and bookends. If you’re in Portland, stop by Table of Contents at 33 NW 4th Avenue. More HERE.
Images courtesy of Table of Contents.
Beau Rhee created the Atelier de Geste Studio after finishing her MFA at Switzerland’s University of Art & Design after studying Art History & Dance at Barnard College/Columbia University. Atelier de Geste is a culmination of her love for movement, art, commercial art, fashion, design, production, literature and language. Beau Rhee truly has a dizzying arsenal of experience, training, knowledge, travel, creative pursuits, passion and drive. Art as life!
I love it when people can translate such heady and conceptual passions into viable retail merchandise. Ramdane Touhami’s rebirth of Cire Trudon in 2007 is one that comes to mind. It seems like such a victory when you see it happen–an almost perfect storm of experience, talent and passion needs to occur for this to work. I feel like Beau has this perfect storm with her fragrances, packaging and beautiful, dance-quality legwear. More HERE.
Images courtesy of Atelier de Geste.
Here are a few beautiful ‘geobil’ geometric wall mobiles by Haley Ann Robinson. She also has some sweet ceramics in the shop and lovely works at Totokaelo. Haley Ann is a graphic designer, illustrator and artist who splits her time between Portland and Los Angeles. If you’re in Portland, she’ll be in good company at West Elm’s Local Makers Launch Party this Thursday, April 10, with Nell & Mary, Vitrified Studio, xobruno, Scout & Whistle and Paulova Ceramics. See lots more projects from Haley Ann HERE. Have a wonderful week, everyone!
➔ SOME THINGS YOU MAY HAVE MISSED…
▲ Yo! Make sure to enter my amazing shopping spree giveaway with Victory!
▲ A sweet new collection of sunny Cali vibes.
▲ I’m in love with this collection of sand washed silk and linen beauties.
▲ Enchanting bundles to burn the badness right out of your home. Smudge it.
▲ A little personal TMI and a lot of talk about lovely bedding.
▲ Time to CHILL OUT. I rounded up some of my very favorite lavender-based things.
▲ My friend, Aya, made a stunning collection for fall. The sailor tops and ponchos!
▲ A gorgeous West Texas road trip-inspired jewelry collection with dazzling stones.
▲ The cutest new hats for spring and summer!
▲ Cute pink sneaks, linen overalls and LOTS of lovely links.
▲ Such a dream! Some very lovely vintage wedding dresses.
▲ I want to wander around in this pretty new lookbook with giant geometric shapes.
▲ I’d like a mountain of these beautiful pillows.
▲ Marisa’s new jewels with rose quartz, lapis, aventurine and onyx are a dream!
▲ A bunch of dresses, ballet flats, linen sneaks and LOTS more lovely links.
▲ My big list of fun stuff happening in Portland.
➔ A SWEET DEAL:
▲ Get 10% off online at Victory with code: SPRINGCLEAN now thru 4/12/14. (You can also mention code to receive the discount in-store at the Portland shop! 729 E. Burnside St)
Images courtesy of Haley Ann Robinson.
The other day I realized that I’ve been using a lot of lavender-based beauty products and home scents, so I thought I’d do a little roundup of stuff I use daily. Here are a few (crazily, there are more) of the lovely lavender things I’ve been addicted to for the past couple months. I’ve been stressed out and barely sleeping–which always turns into a vicious exhaustion cycle. Lavender always helps me chill out when I have some nearby to huff throughout the day. I’d love to hear some of your fave relaxation remedies!
1. Lavender & Avocado Intensive Conditioner: I have thick hair full of lots of fine strands that can get tangled pretty quickly. I love this stuff–just a little bit goes a long way. It feels and smells amazing. You can find it at some Whole Foods locations or if you’re in Portland–you can pick some up when Kassandra does your hair.
2. Mint + Lavender Blue Clay Soap: This soap is lovely. I like to use it when my body and skin feel yucky/toxic/blech from too much takeout, cheese, sweets, etc.
3. Primrose Facial Hydrating Cream: WOW. I love a lot of Aesop products and this one has been AMAZING. Put it on right after you wash your face at night and it reeeeaaaallly hydrates your skin until it feels like a chubby baby’s arm. Other Aesop faves are aromatic hand balm and intensive body balm.
4. Deodorant Cream with Lavender: This stuff is lovely. It takes a little getting used to applying a cream deodorant, but it works really well and the scent is light and pretty. They have a mini size, too.
5. Feuille de Lavande Candle: A candle staple I like to have around the house–I burn it sparingly. There are a lot of green notes and the lavender just smells perfect. Like being in a lavender field.
7. Bulgarian Lavender Lip Balm: This stuff is very moisturizing–I love it. I first got hooked on the Bulgarian Rose lip balm and recently decided to branch out and try the lavender incarnation–they’re both fantastic.
8. Aromatic Bedtime Treatment: First of all, I realize this is very expensive. I also realize that there are other similar remedies that that would be less money. That said, I am over the moon about Tata Harper’s line. I’ve basically had the Aromatic Stress Treatment up my nose for the past 6 weeks and apply the Be Adored Lip Treatment like my life depends on it.
9. Moor Lavender Body Oil: When I can con my husband into giving me a neck massage–this is my massage oil of choice lately. Sometimes I bring it with me for professional massages if I’m super stressed (if you do this, just remember to take it home with you!). I also love their Rose Body Oil.
I’m so happy to have this dreamy giveaway with Porch Light today. One lucky person will win $150 credit to spend on whatever they’d like in Keiran’s lovely shop! Porch Light is one of my favorite shops here in Portland. I love popping by to say hello to the ladies and to pick up soaps, candles, housewares, books, jewelry, perfume and lots of other little treasures–Keiran stocks a wonderful mix of new and old. Check out the shop. GOOD LUCK, EVERYONE! xo
P.S. Get 10% off at Porch Light with code: HONEYLIGHT now thru 3/29/14.
UPDATE: Congratulations to Amanda Magee! She won this lovely prize!
➔ TO ENTER:
1. Visit Porch Light and tell us your shop favorites in a comment below.
2. For an extra entry, “Like” both Porch Light on Facebook and Honey Kennedy on Facebook. Then leave a comment below. If you already like us–just let me know that, too!
A SWEET DEAL: Get 10% off at Porch Light with code: HONEYLIGHT now thru 3/29/14.
SHIPPING, ETC: Winner can use a portion of their shop credit towards shipping. International entries are welcome, but the winner may be responsible for international duties and taxes.
DRAWING: This giveaway ends Tuesday, March 25, at 11PM PST. The winner will be chosen at random and I’ll update this post with the name of the winner on Thursday, March 27.
THE PORTLAND SHOP: Visit the lovely Porch Light shop in Portland at 225 NW 11th Ave!
IMAGES: Some photos I snapped around Porch Light just the other day.