Hello! With the new year fast approaching, I thought it would be nice to round up some of the dazzling dresses I’ve been admiring for New Year’s Eve celebrations. Getting dolled up sounds so fun to me right now. I’ve been spending so little time on this kind of self-care — I think I’ll make it my first 2015 resolution! Are you getting dressed up this year? I hope so. Here are a bunch of my current faves — there’s still time to get them by the big night. ♥
9. gilded chevron shift (30% off code HOLIDAYTIME thru 12/25) 10. metallic floral jacquard dress (free shipping both ways) 11. sunspark silk tunic dress (free shipping both ways) 12. splatter dress (30% off code HAPPY thru 12/23)
25. athens maxi dress (30% off code WRAPITUP thru 12/24) 26. felicity long dress (30% off code HOLIDAYTIME thru 12/25) 27. (30% off code WRAPITUP thru 12/24) painted dress (30% off code cheers!) 28. ecru fringe dress
Hello! We’re rounding that holiday season corner when it really turns into more of a frenzy. This list of fun isn’t as long as usual, but there are a bunch of stellar things to do with truly wonderful people. Cozy up with some local lovelies and shop with some booze in hand — we’re all in the week before Christmas madness together. Have fun! xo Jen
P.S. That pic up there is from the new Tanner Goods collection — this is a FANTASTIC place to shop for ladies, but especially for those difficult dudes at 1308 W Burnside. Or shop Tanner Goods online.
P.P.S. Sad news — Yo Vintage! is closing their doors come January 3rd! Go buy up all their beautiful things and give the girls some love before they go back to being online only. More closing details and mega sale info to come. Yo Vintage! is at 413 SW 13th.
➔ I HEART PDX
♥ Thursday, Dec 18. 5PM. Come to the wonderful Seaworthy jewelry studio tonight for a last minute shopping party! There will be all the pretty things (including some one-of-a-kind and discount pieces) and drinks to sip while you peruse in very good company. Get yourself and some loved ones something special. Marisa’s studio is at the Boxlift Building 333 NE Hancock #8. MORE INFO.
♥ Thursday, Dec 18. 4PM-7PM. Come by Haunt tonight for a trunk show with lovely locally made jewels by Ay Marieke. Champagne and treats and 10%–40% off! Haunt is located at 811 E. Burnside. MORE INFO.
♥ Thursday, Dec 18. 5PM-8:30PM. Stop by West End Select Shop for a lovely ARA Handbags Trunk Show. Meet ARA designer Amber Arambul and shop her beautiful handmade leather backpacks, clutches and toes — with a 10% discount at the show. Wine. Treats. Meet. Greet. West End Select Shop is at 927 SW Oak Street. MORE INFO
♥ Thursday, Dec 18. Open until 8:30PM. Stars Antiques is open late at all three of their shops on SE Milwaukie Ave in West Moreland. They will be open until 8:30, there will be wine and sparkling cider AND a $100 Stars gift card giveaway and Stars Too will have 40% off their Christmas decorations. Stop by! Stars Antiques: 7027 SE Milwaukie Ave, Stars & Splendid Antiques: 7030 SE Milwaukie Ave and Stars Too: 7011 SE Milwaukie Ave in Portland, OR. MORE INFO.
♥ Friday, Dec 19. 6PM-8PM. Get to Nationale for a lovely evening with drinks (I heard HOT TODDIES!?) and a visit with OLO perfumer Heather Sielaff, Dina No Ceramics and Open Habit. There will be some nice deals, AMAZING scents and things, and very wonderful people to hang out with. Nationale is at 3360 SE Division. MORE INFO.
♥ Sunday, Dec 21. 12PM-7PM. Come nab some very pretties at the Jane’s Vanity Holiday Soirée at The Cleaners at Ace Hotel. There will be lingerie, cashmere beauties, lovely little gifts, lollipops, raffles and cocktails. The Cleaners is located at 403 SW 10th Ave. MORE INFO.
♥ Now thru Wednesday, Dec 24. Una is offering 10% off purchases with the donation of the new or gently used adult hat/gloves/mittens, sheets, blankets, dishes, cookware and personal care items to be donated to the amazing charity, Bradley Angle House — they help and house women and children escape abusive relationships. Una is located at 922 SE Ankeny St. MORE INFO.
♥ Now thru the end of the year. Sadly, Winn Perry is closing their brick-and-mortar store again — this time after only 1 year. The temporary upswing is that they are having big sales in the shop and online as they closeout their shop inventory to prepare to be online only. Tuesday-Saturday 11am-7pm and Sunday 12-5pm. All close out items will be final sale. Winn Perry is located at 209 SW 9th Ave. MORE INFO.
Photo: The new Tanner Goods Dublin Collection.
It’s so crazy that Christmas is just over a week away. If you’re still looking for gifts for someone, inspiration for cooking or just something nice to curl up with over the holiday — here are some books that I own and love or that I’ve been admiring. They might strike your fancy, too! Any books you’ve been loving lately or old favorites you like to give as gifts?
1. The French Market Cookbook: Vegetarian Recipes from My Parisian Kitchen 2. A Kitchen in France: A Year of Cooking in My Farmhouse 3. A Simple Feast: A Year of Stories and Recipes to Savor and Share 4. Buvette: The Pleasure of Good Food 5. A Boat, a Whale & a Walrus 6. Sunday Suppers:Recipes + Gatherings 7. It’s All Good: Delicious, Easy Recipes That Will Make You Look Good and Feel Great 8. Plenty: Vibrant Vegetable Recipes from London’s Ottolenghi 9. Isa Does It: Amazingly Easy, Wildly Delicious Vegan Recipes for Every Day of the Week
1. Cafe Society: Socialites, Patrons, and Artists 2. Vivian Maier: Street Photographer 3. The Best of Flair 4. Vanity Fair 100 Years 5. Fashionable Selby 6. Advanced Style 7. New icons of Fashion Illustration 8. Worn Stories 9. The Invention of an Artist
1. The Biba Years: 1963-1975 2. Marella Agnelli: The Last Swan 3. Lou Lou de la Falaise 4. Brassaï: Paris 5. Tim Walker: Pictures 6. Diana Vreeland: Memos 7. Horst 8. Slim Aarons: Once Upon A Time 9. Vogue: The Covers
1. The Book of Symbols 2. The Complete Dictionary of Symbols 3. Encyclopedia of the Exquisite 4. The Way Tarot 5. Pictorial Webster’s: A Visual Dictionary of Curiosities 6. The Book of English Magic 7. Bohemians, Bootleggers, Flappers & Swells 8. All the Time in the World: A Book of Hours 9. Infinite Variety: The Life and Legend of the Marchesa Casati
I love these sweet HausCraft spell kits by Erica from HausWitch. There are six different spell kits to help with protection and positivity, clearing and refreshing, housewarming, creating harmony with others, balance and calm, and finding the perfect home. Erica includes a careful selection of stones, candles, incense, sage, potions, bells, beads, sea salt, mini cauldrons and other tools to help manifest your desired outcomes. Such a perfect gift idea for yourself or a loved ones — especially with a brand new year coming! More HERE.
Images courtesy of HausWitch.
Have a wonderful weekend! I hope you get some names crossed off your list and can still have time to relax with loved ones. See you next week! xo Jen
➔ SOME VERY LOVELY LINKS…
Make sure to enter my dreamy giveaway!
SO MANY sweet sweaters. (30-40% off code JINGLE thru 12/18)
I really love this cardigan. (30-40% off code JINGLE thru 12/18)
Such a dreamy little cape top. (25% off code RSVP thru 12/14)
Oh, hello to you, beautiful poncho sweater.
A soft knit headband in greys. (25% off purchases $100+ code: knowyoursource)
A bright festive plaid scarf. (30-40% off code JINGLE thru 12/18)
I’m loving this bag in all the colors. (30% off code WRAPITUP thru 12/24)
I love this pink leather bag.
A sweet polka dot dress. (30% off code WRAPITUP thru 12/24)
This sale section is pretty fantastic.
I LOVE my new brass side table. (20% off code JINGLE20 thru 12/14)
I’d like to have this lovely marble coffee table. (20% off code JINGLE20 thru 12/14)
YUM. Booze-filled chocolates by Oregon distillers.
➔ A SWEET DEAL
Get 30% off at Madewell with code WRAPITUP thru 12/24.
Get 25% off purchases of $100 or more at Zady with code knowyoursource.
Get 10% off regular priced items at Imelda’s with promo code HOLIDAZE10 now thru 12/14.
Get 20% off at West Elm when you spend $200+ with code JINGLE20 now thru 12/14.
Get 15% off purchases at Frances May with code: FMHKHOLIDAY now thru 12/17/14.
Get 20% off all orders at Bashful Garter with code: BASHFULKENNEDY now thru 12/19/14.
Get 15% OFF at WOONWINKEL with code: SAVE15 now thru 12/24/14.
Get 20% off all orders at Strumpet with code: HKHOLIDAY now thru 12/24/14.
Get 10% off all orders at Nancybird with code: HKXMAS now thru 12/24/14.
Get 25% off all orders at LoveHate with code: HKLOVE now thru 12/31/14.
Get 20% off at Custard Heart Vintage with code: HONEYHOLIDAY 12/1 thru 12/31/14.
Get 10% off all orders at BUYOLYMPIA with code: HONEYHOLIDAY now thru 1/1/15.
Get U.S. 2-3 day shipping at BLTN Jewelry with: HOLIDAYCHEER 12/10 thru 12/17.
PHOTOS: 1. Jane Fonda on the set of They Shoot Horses, Don’t They? in 1969. 2. Jane Fonda and Roger Vadim at home in 1967.