I’ve been admiring this stunning Buena Vista lookbook for their Spring/Summer 2014 collection by Ava Kaufman. I especially love the sweet bathing shorts and top in lieu of one piece or bikini. It’s not online yet, but the collection, made in Point Reyes, California, will be available in shops and at Creatures of Comfort mid-April. These photos are a dream–they were shot by amazing photographer, Zen Sekizawa. More HERE.
I love the new Cursive Design jewelry collection for spring by my pal, Chicago-based designer, Sarah Fox. She’s updated her beloved Supermoon necklace design with new stones and has lots of pretty new pieces. Sarah says her new designs are inspired by “shapes at play together”. My faves are the mobile necklace, the dalmatian jasper supermoon, the yellow tassel bracelet (so dreamy in a bracelet stack!) and I still love the triple apex necklace and apex ring from her last collection. And, you know, everything else, too. More HERE.
Ahoy! I’m very happy to be having a giveaway with Victory today! One lucky winner will receive a $200 shop credit to spend on whatever they’d like from Nicole’s amazing shop. She has a fantastic selection of clothing, jewels, accessories and apothecary goods. I’ve included a few of my favorites below and I know she’ll be adding more new pretties for spring! Look for new Dusen Dusen, Penfield, Bridge & Burn, Swedish Hasbeens and a small selection of things for gents. MORE HERE. GOOD LUCK, EVERYONE!
P.S. Get 10% off online at Victory with code: SPRINGCLEAN now thru 4/12/14. (You can also mention code to receive the discount in-store at the Portland shop! 729 E. Burnside St)
UPDATE: Congratulations to Sheila! She won this lovely prize!
➔ TO ENTER:
1. Visit VICTORY and tell us your shop favorites in a comment below.
2. For an extra entry, “Like” both Victory on Facebook and Honey Kennedy on Facebook. Then leave a comment below. If you already like us–just let me know that, too!
A SWEET DEAL: Get 10% off at Victory with code: SPRINGCLEAN now thru 4/12/14. (You can also mention code to receive the discount in-store at Portland shop! 729 E. Burnside St)
SHIPPING, ETC: International entries are welcome, however shipping costs are the responsibility of the prize winner. Winner may be responsible for international duties and taxes depending on their country of residence.
DRAWING: This giveaway ends Tuesday, April 8, at 11PM PST. The winner will be chosen at random and I’ll update this post with the name of the winner on Thursday, April 10.
THE PORTLAND SHOP: Visit the Victory shop in Portland at 729 E. Burnside Street #105!
The other day I realized that I’ve been using a lot of lavender-based beauty products and home scents, so I thought I’d do a little roundup of stuff I use daily. Here are a few (crazily, there are more) of the lovely lavender things I’ve been addicted to for the past couple months. I’ve been stressed out and barely sleeping–which always turns into a vicious exhaustion cycle. Lavender always helps me chill out when I have some nearby to huff throughout the day. I’d love to hear some of your fave relaxation remedies!
1. Lavender & Avocado Intensive Conditioner: I have thick hair full of lots of fine strands that can get tangled pretty quickly. I love this stuff–just a little bit goes a long way. It feels and smells amazing. You can find it at some Whole Foods locations or if you’re in Portland–you can pick some up when Kassandra does your hair.
2. Mint + Lavender Blue Clay Soap: This soap is lovely. I like to use it when my body and skin feel yucky/toxic/blech from too much takeout, cheese, sweets, etc.
3. Primrose Facial Hydrating Cream: WOW. I love a lot of Aesop products and this one has been AMAZING. Put it on right after you wash your face at night and it reeeeaaaallly hydrates your skin until it feels like a chubby baby’s arm. Other Aesop faves are aromatic hand balm and intensive body balm.
4. Deodorant Cream with Lavender: This stuff is lovely. It takes a little getting used to applying a cream deodorant, but it works really well and the scent is light and pretty. They have a mini size, too.
5. Feuille de Lavande Candle: A candle staple I like to have around the house–I burn it sparingly. There are a lot of green notes and the lavender just smells perfect. Like being in a lavender field.
7. Bulgarian Lavender Lip Balm: This stuff is very moisturizing–I love it. I first got hooked on the Bulgarian Rose lip balm and recently decided to branch out and try the lavender incarnation–they’re both fantastic.
8. Aromatic Bedtime Treatment: First of all, I realize this is very expensive. I also realize that there are other similar remedies that that would be less money. That said, I am over the moon about Tata Harper’s line. I’ve basically had the Aromatic Stress Treatment up my nose for the past 6 weeks and apply the Be Adored Lip Treatment like my life depends on it.
9. Moor Lavender Body Oil: When I can con my husband into giving me a neck massage–this is my massage oil of choice lately. Sometimes I bring it with me for professional massages if I’m super stressed (if you do this, just remember to take it home with you!). I also love their Rose Body Oil.
I love the cheery Potipoti collections each season from Berlin designers, Silvia Salvador and Nando Cornejo. This collection from S/S 2014 was inspired by the 1990s and avant-garde patterns. I always love Potipoti’s throw blankets (the watermelon!!) and it’s so cool that the leather carrier can turn into a belt. I think the organic cotton watermelon dresses are very sweet (move over pineapples)–in all the colors. More HERE.